Advertised pricing excludes any applicable taxes title and licensing, dealer set up, documentation, destination, reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude any added parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicable offers. Contact dealer for details.
2013 Harley-Davidson® XL1200C 1200 Custom - 110th Anniversary Edition
The ultimate wide-shouldered cruiser, now featuring optional H-D1™ Factory Customization.
- Evolution® Engine Heritage: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with chrome rocker covers, while chrome pushrods highlight the iconic V-Twin. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 1200c Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Standard on 110th Anniversary Edition): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Artfully Hidden Technology: Harley-Davidson leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike—the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive Controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers. Under the rear rubber, aramid belts are used to stabilize your ride, which helps inspire confidence in handling.
- Tuned to Be Ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability—it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Pull-Back Handlebar: Sink into the saddle and let your arms fall naturally to the grips. The 1200 Custom motorcycle is equipped with a pull-back handlebar that creates a comfortable, laidback cruising position. Stainless steel for a tough custom look, and about one inch closer to your chest, you're ready to take on the road ahead.
- Forward-Mounted Controls: With the custom forward-mounted controls on the 1200 Custom motorcycle, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that keeps it as real as you do.
- Two-Up Custom Seat: The 1200 Custom motorcycle sports a sleek one-piece, two-up classic seat that has all the premium material, stitching and style you expect from Harley-Davidson, the motorcycle makers who've been putting their own seats in the saddle for over a hundred years. It's a great seat to go solo, and has plenty of room to bring along a friend.
- Seat Engineering and Design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats so that every bike has just the right saddle.
- Length: 87.4 in. (2,220 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.6 in. (676 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.9 in. (710 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.4 in. (112 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 29.9
- Trail: 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.9 in. (1,521 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/90B16 72H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 553 lb. (251 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 573 lb. (260 kg )
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke: 3.812 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 73.3 cu.in. (1,200 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.7:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 57/38 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Exhaust: Solid bronze single wing gas tank medallion with relieved black nickel plating and a Bar & Shield cloisonne insert
- Wheels, Front Type: Chrome, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Chrome, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, single-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque : 79 ft-lb (107 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,250
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 26.2
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 28.3
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy : 48 mpg
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- H-D1™ Factory Customization: Make it yours from the start. Now with H-D1™ factory customization, your personalized 1200 Custom motorcycle is built just for you from the Harley-Davidson factory. It's easy: use the online H-D1™ Bike Builder tool to configure a bike that fits your style and personality. Select from extended paint offerings and genuine H-D engines, wheels, seats, handlebars, footpeg positions and security. Bring your plan to your Harley-Davidson dealer for consultation and to place your order. Our employees go to work, building your motorcycle, according to your design, and in about 4 weeks* your masterpiece will be ready for you at your dealer.
- Fat Front End: Leading the way for the 1200 Custom motorcycle is a fat, in-your-face front end. The thick triple clamp and beefy front tire wrapped around a 16-inch 5-spoke chrome cast wheel will not be denied. Take a look and you'll see the true custom character of a Sportster® motorcycle, but just a little fatter and a little more custom.
- Chrome 5-Spoke Cast Wheels: The 110th Anniversary Edition comes sporting the classy but slightly-sinister looking Contrast Chrome wheels, for a touch of dark that sets off the shine.
- Rear LED Lighting: Low profile in style, but big and bright when you need it most. The rear LED beam on the 1200 Custom motorcycle fits the contours of the rear fender perfectly, and the array of fast-acting red LED lamps grabs everyone's attention both during the day and at night. License plate mounts are slotted nearby to offer a convenient and noticeable spot for your tag.
- Premium Paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Hand Finished Fuel Tank: All Harley-Davidson® fuel tanks are finished by hand—that''s what makes them stand out. Their seamless design and unmatched style are unique among all motorcycles on the road. The tanks are one of the first and last things people notice when they lay their eyes on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle—so we make it worth their time.
- 110th Anniversary Gas Tank Medallion: Each Anniversary Edition Harley-Davidson is a unique masterpiece, with its very own work of art marking it as part of this historic celebration. Forged of solid bronze and plated with black nickel, each Anniversary medallion is then distressed to highlight the bronze. And since no two can ever distress the same, each becomes a completely unique commemorative "sculpture." The finishing touch is a bold gold Cloisonné showing the Harley-Davidson Bar and Shield. (Available only on 110th Anniversary Edition models)
- 110th Anniversary Serialization Plaque: Our Anniversary Edition bikes are few and far between, and the proof is stamped in steel. Forged in a unique style and placed in a different location for each model, the Serialization Plaque displays your Anniversary Edition production number, marking it as an exclusive part of motorcycle history and making it clear that your ride is one of a rare breed and a true one of kind. (Available only on 110th Anniversary Edition models)
- 110th Anniversary Edition "Living Art" Finishes: It takes more than details to make a motorcycle a milestone—they've got to tell your story as well as ours. From saddle inserts and medallions to engine element covers, we’ve carefully crafted the Anniversary Special Edition models' commemorative details from premium materials that can transform and age in response to your life on the road. Your ride becomes a true piece of "living art" that reflects your one-of-a-kind style, embodies our 110-year legacy of freedom and individuality and just gets better with every mile of road you travel. (Available only on 110th Anniversary Edition models)
- 110th Anniversary Paint Styling: All of our Anniversary Edition Models sport a characteristic two-tone color combination that sets them apart. Rich Vintage Bronze and Antique Vintage Black finish is topped with a special clear coat for a look that's just classic, pure and simple. (Available only on 110th Anniversary Edition models)
- Engine Type
- 73.3 cu.in. (1,200 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in. (88.9 mm) x 3.812 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 130/90B16 72H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 77H
- 59.9 in. (1,521 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.6 in. (676 mm); Unladen: 27.9 in. (710 mm)
- 29.9 deg.
- 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- 48 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 553 lb. (251 kg)
- Anniversary Vintage Bronze / Anniversary Vintage Black