Advertised pricing excludes any applicable taxes title and licensing, dealer set up, documentation, destination, reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude any added parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicable offers. Contact dealer for details.
2018 Grasshopper 524V-42"
An compact FrontMount™ solution for home or business use, the Model 524V-42 offers the power, reliability and economical performance needed to get the job done.
- 724 cc (44.2 cu. in.) Commercial Turf, V-Twin, OHV engine. Heavy-duty components enhance power and reliability. Five-step, Integrated Cyclonic Air Management System for cleaner performance. Extended maintenance intervals. Three-year limited commercial engine manufacturer warranty (see dealer for details).
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge. Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality. Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection. Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength. Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut. Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Only two Access-Eze™ lubrication points cut maintenance time up to 95%. Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance.
- Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt. Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse. Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position.
- Design-matched, fully hydraulic Parker HT Series integrated pump-and-wheel-motor transmissions with in-line cooling fans and fine-particle filtration. No power-robbing gearbox or other wear parts for longer service life. Provides best-in-class transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time.
- ComfortZone™ seat eliminates jostles and jolts with coil-spring suspension and a fully padded, high-back seat, padded armrests and variable density foam cushion. Iso-mounting smooths the ride, erases fatigue and keeps the operator comfortably in control at faster mowing speed. Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach. One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Commercial Use: 2-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor. Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty: first two years covering parts and labor, second two years covering parts only.
- Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability. Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts. Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance.
- FoldUp™ Deck. Deck folds up to fit more on a trailer and underside deck maintenance. EZ Deck Lift Lever lets you raise and lower the deck from the operator’s seat for precision cutting heights between 1.25 and 5.0 inches.
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: B&S Commercial Turf, V-Twin
- Displacement: 44.2 cu. in. (724 cc)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Vertical
- Cooling System: Air
- Fuel: Gasoline - unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 U.S. Gal (15.1 l)
- Optional Fuel Capacity: NA
- Air Cleaner: Integrated, cyclonic air cleaner with 5-step debris management system
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type.
- Deck: NA
- Mulching Package #: 504569(42)
- DuraMax® Deck Size: 42"
- Cutting Height Range: 1.25 to 5.0 in. (3.2 to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-welded steel): Geometrically engineered design with 7-gauge skirts withstands the brunt of commercial mowing. (3) Sentry spindles and a triple-strength upper deck over 0.50-in. thick in stress zones. Formed double thickness hardened steel truss spindle plane is 0.210 in. - equal to 5-gauge (5.31 mm)
- Blades (Tempered, alloy steel): (3) 15 in. (38.1 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Double bearings, non-greasable. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Blade Drive: Belt drive with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Trimability (Outside of std. tire to left trim side): 0 in.
- Battery (maintenance-free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR) deep-cushioned, high-back, foam-padded, scuff-resistant CoolTemp Cordura®-covered with padded lumbar support and armrests.
- Suspension: InFrame™ suspension
- Console-mounted Instruments: Low engine oil pressure and parking brake indicator lights, digital hour meter, ignition and push/pull PTO switches. Choke integrated with throttle lever.
- Work Lights: Optional - LED
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Type: Design-matched hydrostatic system with integral cooling fans. Fully hydraulic, integrated Parker HTE Series transmission with variable displacement piston-type pumps and high-torque wheel motors for each drive wheel.
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: Internal field-serviceable filter / No break-in oil change required; best-in-class service intervals with CoolTemp Hydro-Max™ fluid.
- Speed: 0 - 8.0 mph (0 - 12.9 kph) forward 0-5.5 mph (0-8.9 kph) reverse.
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable HydraSmooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Drive Wheels – Standard (4-ply rated): 20x8.00x10, turf tread, 4-ply rated
- Drive Wheels – Optional (4-ply rated): NA
- Single Tail Wheel: 13x6.50x6 rib tread, pneumatic
- Wide Stance Single Fork Tail Wheel: NA
- Deck Tires (4-ply rated): 9x3.50x4 (flat proof), 4-ply rated
- Height (Seat Back): 45.0 in. (114.3 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion): 29.0 in. (73.7 cm)
- Height (ROPS): 64.0 in. (162.6 cm)
- Length (FrontMount w/ DuraMax® Deck - Mowing Position): 97.0 in. (246.4 cm)
- Length (FrontMount Power Unit + DuraMax® Deck - Folded Up): 87.0 in. (221.0 cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 55.5 in. (141.0 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch*): 43.5 in.* (110.5 cm)
- FrontMount PowerUnit Only (Width/Length): 42.0 in. (106.7 cm)/59.5 in. (151.1 cm)
- FrontMount Power Unit (Wheelbase): 47.0 in. (119.4 cm)
- Weight (Uncrated): 935 lbs. (424.1 kg)
- FrontMount Power Unit Only (uncrated): 650 lbs. (294.8 kg)
- FrontMount Deck Only - Side Discharge (uncrated): 285 lbs. (129.3 kg)
- Mulching Package: 22 lbs. (10.0 kg)
- The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ High-Low Mulching blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the turf, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
- QuikAjust Tilt™ steering levers with "no tools" adjustment provide a 9-inch range for maximum comfort and fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions.
- Dual-fork tail wheels or wide stance single-fork tail wheels.
- Lightweight, water repellent, UV-resistant vinyl canopy mounts easily to OPS or ROPS to limit exposure to direct sunlight, reducing eye strain and increasing operator comfort.
- Yellow beacon attaches to OPS to provide greater visibility in high-traffic areas.
- Provides an additional two inches of leg clearance.
- The Adjustable Cup Holder locks into multiple positions to accommodate a wide range of drink sizes.
- LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
- Powerful, deck-driven PowerVac™ collection systems deliver one-pass perfection every time, and are available with a wide range of twin or triple mesh bag or high-capacity metal hopper collectors.
- Engine Type
- B&S Commercial Turf
- 44.2 cu. in. (724 cc)
- Design-matched hydrostatic system with integral cooling fans
- Wheel Size
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal. (15.1 L)
- Deck Size
- 42 in.
- Discharge Type