Advertised pricing excludes any applicable taxes title and licensing, dealer set up, documentation, destination, reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude any added parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicable offers. Contact dealer for details.
2018 Grasshopper 526V-52"
The 526V-52 FrontMount™ is ideal for home or business use. This model offers the power, reliability and economical performance needed to get the job done.
- 810 cc (44.2 cu. in.) Vanguard, V-Twin, OHV engine. Heavy-duty components enhance power and reliability. Remote-mounted, centrifugal multi-stage air cleaner with advanced debris managements. Extended maintenance intervals. Three-year limited commercial engine manufacturer warranty (see dealer for details).
- Design-matched, fully hydraulic Parker HT Series integrated pump-and-wheel-motor transmissions with in-line cooling fans and fine-particle filtration. No power-robbing gearbox or other wear parts for longer service life. Provides best-in-class transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time.
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge. Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality. Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection. Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength. Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut. Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Standard on all FrontMount™ DuraMax® decks 48-inch and larger, PowerFold® is the zero-turn mower industry's first electric deck lift (introduced in 2004). PowerFold® rotates the deck nearly 90 degrees to provide easy access to the underside of the deck for simplified maintenance and mulching package installation, plus space-saving portability and storage. The feature also adjusts cutting height between 1.0 and 5.0 inches and controls deck lift functions using a single switch.
- Only two Access-Eze™ lubrication points cut maintenance time up to 95%. Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance.
- ComfortZone™ seat eliminates jostles and jolts with coil-spring suspension and a fully padded, high-back seat, padded armrests and variable density foam cushion. Iso-mounting smooths the ride, erases fatigue and keeps the operator comfortably in control at faster mowing speeds. Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach. One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt. Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse. Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position.
- Commercial Use: 2-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor. Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty: first two years covering parts and labor, second two years covering parts only.
- Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability. Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts. Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance.
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: B&S Commercial Turf, V-Twin
- Displacement: 49.4 cu. in. (810 cc)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Vertical
- Cooling System: Air
- Fuel: Gasoline - unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 U.S. Gal (15.1 l)
- Optional Fuel Capacity: NA
- Air Cleaner: Integrated, cyclonic air cleaner with 5-step debris management system
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type.
- Deck: NA
- Mulching Package #: 504567(52)
- DuraMax® Deck Size: 52"
- Cutting Height Range: 1.25 to 5.0 in. (3.2 to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-welded steel): Geometrically engineered design with 7-gauge skirts withstands the brunt of commercial mowing. (3) Sentry spindles and a triple-strength upper deck over 0.50-in. thick in stress zones. Formed double thickness hardened steel truss spindle plane is 0.269 in. - 7.6% thicker than 1/4 in. (6.35 mm)
- Blades (Tempered, alloy steel): (3) 18 in. (45.7 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Double bearings, non-greasable. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Blade Drive: Belt drive with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Trimability (Outside of std. tire to left trim side): 4.75 in. (12.1 cm)
- Battery (maintenance-free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR) deep-cushioned, high-back, foam-padded, scuff-resistant CoolTemp Cordura®-covered with padded lumbar support and armrests.
- Suspension: InFrame™ suspension
- Console-mounted Instruments: Low engine oil pressure and parking brake indicator lights, digital hour meter, ignition and push/pull PTO switches. Choke integrated with throttle lever.
- Work Lights: Optional - LED
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Type: Design-matched hydrostatic system with integral cooling fans. Fully hydraulic, integrated Parker HTE Series transmission with variable displacement piston-type pumps and high-torque wheel motors for each drive wheel.
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: Internal field-serviceable filter / No break-in oil change required; best-in-class service intervals with CoolTemp Hydro-Max™ fluid.
- Speed: 0 - 8.0 mph (0 - 12.9 kph) forward 0-5.5 mph (0-8.9 kph) reverse.
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable HydraSmooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Drive Wheels – Standard (4-ply rated): 20x8.00x10, turf tread, 4-ply rated
- Drive Wheels – Optional (4-ply rated): NA
- Single Tail Wheel: 13x6.50x6 rib tread, pneumatic
- Wide Stance Single Fork Tail Wheel: NA
- Deck Tires (4-ply rated): 9x3.50x4 (flat proof), 4-ply rated
- Height (Seat Back): 45.0 in. (114.3 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion): 29.0 in. (73.7 cm)
- Height (ROPS): 64.0 in. (162.6 cm)
- Length (FrontMount w/ DuraMax® Deck - Mowing Position): 100.0 in. (254.0 cm)
- Length (FrontMount Power Unit + DuraMax® Deck - Folded Up): 87.0 in. (221.0 cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 65.5 in. (166.5 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch*): 53.5 in.* (135.9 cm)
- FrontMount PowerUnit Only (Width/Length): 42.0 in. (106.7 cm)/59.5 in. (151.1 cm)
- FrontMount Power Unit (Wheelbase): 47.0 in. (119.4 cm)
- Weight (Uncrated): 1025 lbs. (464.9 kg)
- FrontMount Power Unit Only (uncrated): 650 lbs. (294.8 kg)
- FrontMount Deck Only - Side Discharge (uncrated): 375 lbs. (170.1 kg)
- Mulching Package: 29 lbs. (13.2 kg)
- Provides an additional two inches of leg clearance.
- QuikAjust Tilt™ steering levers with "no tools" adjustment provide a 9-inch range for maximum comfort and fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions.
- Dual-fork tail wheels or wide stance single-fork tail wheels.
- Lightweight, water repellent, UV-resistant vinyl canopy mounts easily to OPS or ROPS to limit exposure to direct sunlight, reducing eye strain and increasing operator comfort.
- The Adjustable Cup Holder locks into multiple positions to accommodate a wide range of drink sizes.
- Yellow beacon attaches to OPS to provide greater visibility in high-traffic areas.
- LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
- The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ High-Low Mulching blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the turf, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
- Powerful, deck-driven PowerVac™ collection systems deliver one-pass perfection every time, and are available with a wide range of twin or triple mesh bag or high-capacity metal hopper collectors.
- Engine Type
- B&S Commercial Turf
- 49.4 cu. in. (810 cc)
- Design-matched hydrostatic system with integral cooling fans
- Wheel Size
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal. (15.1 L)
- Deck Size
- 52 in.
- Discharge Type